Monday, August 29, 2016

#ARC Review || Run to You by Rachel Lacey || Hello, New Career

Run to You by Rachel Lacey 
Amazon || Goodreads 
Published August 30, 2016
ARC via NetGalley + Publisher


ONE LITTLE LIE. A WHOLE LOTTA TROUBLE.

Moments after meeting the most gorgeous guy ever, Gabby Winters promptly gets stung by a zillion yellowjackets and falls-not gracefully-into a stream. Yup, Ethan Hunter is trouble with a capital "hot," and Gabby definitely needs to keep her distance. Except in the small town of Haven, there's nowhere to hide from Ethan's sexy, infectious grin . . . and all the residents are conspiring against her.



At the center of the town's matchmaking is Ethan's grandmother, who's convinced their relationship is a done deal. Rather than break her heart, Gabby and Ethan find themselves cornered into pretending to be falling in love. The problem: there's serious sizzling attraction between them. And if this charade continues, they won't fool just the entire town - they might fool themselves too . . .



When one girl is running away, and one man is running to, there’s a sure hope for a collision. Gabby and Ethan meet much like I met this book—by total accident. A chance encounter. Was it fate? Lucky for me, I didn’t fall butt-first into a yellow jacket nest like Gabby did. In fact, I fell head over heels in love with out two main characters in the best way possible: without expectations, with chocolate in my hand, and with a new plan for my future career.

Maybe I should start my own natural spa? In the middle of a super cute small town where the local war hottie left me to go seek his great perhaps? And I’m still holding a grudge because he was being a complete and total ass? But now I’m wildly successful and known everywhere and my rock bathtub in middle of the forest is the bee’s knees? (I want that book now)

The point is that I’m in love. With a little old lady, dreams, and a group of guys who are All the Swoons. The book is amazing because the characters are fleshed out. They feel real. And the actions are responses that I can see myself having if I were in a similar situation.

Gabby’s got a bit of a horrid past. It involves her ex. And spoilers, which I won’t be sharing. Ethan is on the verge of losing the most important person in his life: his Gram. Fate intervenes with these two people and send them on a most extraordinary path. They get together and mess up and make up and mess up some more. Basically, they are in a complex relationship. Also there’s a really cute pooch.

What I’m trying to say is that this book is amazing it feels real. I mean I was frustrated and annoyed at some points, but I was also enjoying the ride. This is a mood book. And you’ll either be in the mood for it or not, I think. Especially if you’re like me and that’s just how you read. I was in the mood for something sort of sappy with some heavy moments. This was it. And it was real good.




No comments:

Post a Comment