Thursday, August 14, 2014

Whats Angie Sandro's Dream Vacation?

Let's all welcome Angie to the blog! Leave her some comment love below.

She's here to talk about her dream vacation (in case you didn't get that from the title). Hope y'all enjoy!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hello, everyone! I’d like to thank Jackie for inviting me onto No Bent Spines. I’m thrilled and honored to be here. After the excitement of releasing my novel, DARK SACRIFICE (Dark Paradise, #2), last week I can really get into the idea of taking a dream vacation to a magical place—a paradise quite different from the Louisiana bayou.

When I close my eyes and imagine my dream destination, I see turquoise water and sandy white beaches. The sun heats my skin and salt water dots my lips. A warm breeze brings the fragrant scent of orchids from the vibrant lei around my neck.

I’m curled up in a lounge chair with a Kindle full of the books I’ve bought over the last year but haven’t had time to read.  My husband distracts me by telling a joke. My children call for me to join them in the ocean. We swim in water so clear we see colorful fish darting through the holes in coral growing on the ocean floor. We catch hermit crabs on the beach and build sand castles. For days, my kids forget they’re moody teenagers who think hanging with their parents is a form of social suicide. I love it!

We sample the local foods, like poisson cru, a dish made with raw tuna soaked in saltwater then added to a mixture of onion, ginger, parsley, lime juice and coconut milk. Oh God, my mouth is watering. I bet this tastes even better than I imagine. Here is a recipe from the Food Network.  

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/poisson-cru-with-coconut-milk-and-lime-recipe.html
After a long day on the beach, we enjoy a performance of traditional Tahitian dance.
(Tahitian Traditional Dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23PgVpvAxs )
We spend time together as a family. It’s peaceful. Serene.

Agent Coulson, from Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., constantly referred to Tahiti as a “magical place.” He said it with a dreamy smile. And I believe him, even after learning the truth about T.A.H.I.T.I.

Who wouldn’t want to spend a significant amount of time in paradise? Heaven knows, Mala and Landry could use a bit of time relaxing on the beach. 
~ ~ ~ 

Angie Sandro was born at Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri. Within six weeks, she began the first of eleven relocations throughout the United States, Spain, and Guam before the age of eighteen. 

Friends were left behind. The only constants in her life were her family and the books she shipped wherever she went. Traveling the world inspired her imagination and allowed her to create her own imaginary friends. Visits to her father's family in Louisiana inspired this story.

Angie now lives in Northern California with her husband, two children, and an overweight Labrador



Make sure y'all check out her books. I think I reviewed DARK PARADISE a little while back!




2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jackie! Thank you again for inviting me to share my dream vacation. Writing the post was almost relaxing as the real thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie! I'm so glad you had a much writing it as I did reading it :D

      Delete