Friday, January 13, 2017

This Book Has Me Swooning Over Buildings. I'm Serious.





I went into this book with just about zero expectation. I tend to not enjoy books where there are kids involved. (what in the world is going on with all these readers hoping that Feyre is going to end up preg in A Court of Wings and Ruin???)

I stumbled upon Dare to Love by C. P. Santi on twitter. I've gotten SO MANY good recs on that social platform, but this one is one for the record books. The premise is this: a single mother who lives at a convent with her religious family finds this tatted up male sleeping in her bed. What follows is a want to love tug-of-war with herself, and ultimately, deciding if she is able to open her heart.

The name of this main girl is Gia, and she is strong as hell. She's also got this great gig restoring architecture, and her passion is old churches. Which is just, so freaking cool. I didn't really know all that went into that, but then I started researching and was like wow. Woah. Not my thing, I like writing more than numbers, but what a cool opportunity.


I've decided to compile a list of all the places I'd like to work on if I were in the restoration business. Enjoy, lovelies.


Minor Basilica of St. Lorenzo Ruiz
Plaza L. Ruiz, Binondo, Manila


Cathedral Parish of St. Andrew
Quirino Ave., La Huerta, ParaƱaque City


Catedral de la Santa Cruz y Santa Eulalia
Barcelona, Spain



So let's chat about wanderlust a bit. If you could go anywhere (outer space included!) where would you go? 


No comments:

Post a Comment