Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Perfume



Paper Passion:For Book Lovers

Yes, this is a real thing. Lol.xD

I was on Goodreads, just looking through my feed, then, out of nowhere I see this -->
I was like 'hahahahaha' Yeah. I was really rather amused. hehehe
Okay, but no seriously. This is a real thing guys. I mean I don't wanna smell like a book (new or old) but maybe I'd spray my Kindle with it so I have more of the 'real book experience.' Ah. Nah, that would probably end up being a bad idea.

Okay so here's what the site said (and I am quoting here)
Steidl

Paper Passion

by Gerhard Steidl, Geza Schoen
Steidl
Paper Passion fragrance by Geza Schoen, Gerhard Steidl, and Wallpaper* magazine, with packaging by Karl Lagerfeld and Steidl.
“The smell of a freshly printed book is the best smell in the world.” Karl Lagerfeld
This tells the story of a passion and a twisting plot to put the particular bouquet of freshly printed books in a bottle. Gerhard Steidl was first alerted to the importance of the smell of a book by Karl Lagerfeld, prompting a passion for paper and the composition of a scent on the pages of a book. To Wallpaper* magazine the pairing of the publisher with the perfumer seemed a natural partnership and so the idea for Paper Passion was born. Wallpaper* magazine commissioned master perfumer Geza Schoen to create a fragrance based on the smell of books to be part of the Wallpaper* magazine Handmade exhibition in Milan.
This is an opportunity to celebrate all the gloriosensuality of books, at a time when many in the industry are turning against them. The idea is that is should relax you, like when you read a book, to a level of meditation and concentration. Paper Passion has evolved into something quite beautiful and unique. To wear the smell of a book is something very chic. Books are players in the intellectual world, but also in the world of luxury.
Hidden inside the pages of a book, Paper Passion is accompanied by texts from Karl Lagerfeld, Günter Grass, Geza Schoen and Tony Chambers.
“You have a book, you open it, there’s a bottle inside and it smells of a book. It might be quirky, but the idea has a simplicity, a linearity.” Geza Schoen


Ohhh. Milan. Fancy *smirks* Ehh. But you gotta applaud them for originality. 10/10

But, hey, even I-a hardcore bibliophile- do not wanna smell like a book.
But whatever, if this is your thing all that can be yours for $100. Oh and I hope you European.

Hehehe

Anyways....


Jackie
 





No comments:

Post a Comment