Friday, April 26, 2013

Feature and Follow

The Feature & Follow is a weekly event that allows bloggers to get to know each other, and gain more followers! It is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

Q: Is there a song that reminds you of a book? Or vice versa? What is the song & the book?
 
A: Okay there are a few, but I'll share the first song I thought of when I saw this. 

Help I'm Alive by Metric
 
I tremble
They're gonna eat me alive
If I stumble
They're gonna eat me alive
Can you hear my heart
Beating like a hammer
Beating like a hammer

Help I'm alive
My heart keeps beating like a hammer
Hard to be soft
Tough to be tender
Come take my pulse the pace is on a runaway train
Help I'm alive
My heart keeps beating like a hammer
Beating like a hammer




“There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark’s Eve,” Neeve said. “Either you’re his true love . . . or you killed him.”




 Oh, look, I did a review on it! ---> Raven Review








Why does this song remind me of this book? The beat of the song is so much like the heart beat of the book. Scary dude, like it was made for each other... Hey! That's a song too!

_______

Sorry I haven't been reviewing lately. I just haven't been in the reviewing swing of things. Or reading. I've been in a reading slump....whether it's because me Kindle has been taken away or I just haven't been abel to finish anything lately...I dunno. *shrugs* On the upside, I am (finally) reading Insurgent!!! GO ME(:


 -Jackie   

14 comments:

  1. Great song... Loved insurgent buy the way:)
    Thanks for stopping by earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! One of my favorite Metric songs! Great choice Jackie! I confess I haven't read the Raven Boys because I haven't had much luck with Stiefvater's other books. So many people like this one though, so I might just have to give it a shot. Hope you enjoy Insurgent! You'll be so ready for Allegiant when you finish!

    Thanks for stopping by my FF!
    (Old Follower)

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MINE TOO!! I didn't like her other books either (really didn't like Shiver) and I loved this one. Me thinkith you should give it a shot(:

      Delete
  3. Haven't heard of that one nor I have I read this book either. Nice picks!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I love this song! I always hear it in Vampire Diaries. They play that song a lot in the show. And I am ashamed to say that I passed up the opportunity to read The Raven Boys because I didn't like her Shiver books but I just bought the book this week after seeing just how much other people loved. There are second chances! Love the song choice though :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! New GFC follower.

    Jahzeiah @ Mermaed Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay-I didn't like the Shiver books either..but I somehow LOVE this book. It just did something to me. I seriously suggest you read it(: Thanks for following!

      Delete
  5. I also heard it in Vampire Diaries,but I want to read this book. Heard is a good one! :)
    Following you back via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks(: You totally should! Thanks for following back.

      Delete
  6. I haven't read the book but that's a great song choice!

    New GFC follower!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice!!! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my FF...

    Brandy @ A Little of the Book Life
    Old follower!

    ReplyDelete