Monday, January 28, 2013

Review: Anna and the French Kiss



“This is home. The two of us.”


Anna and the French Kiss by: Stephanie Perkins
Hardcover, 372 pages
Published December 2nd 2010 by Dutton
ISBN: 0525423273 (ISBN13: 9780525423270)
edition language: English
original title: Anna and the French Kiss
Rating: 5 Stars
Summary:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?
My Rant:

“Boys turns girls into such idiots.”
Ahhh....the city of love! Paris! Can't you just see it?! A guy following you up to the top of the tower even though he has a fear of heights and will probably pass out? Isn't that just so romantic! No?
Hahaha

“Seriously, I don't know any American girl who can resist an English accent.”
In the beginning of the book (like the first chapter) I thought this book was going to turn out a lot like A Royal Match, which if you have read my rant for that you'd know I despised that book. Buuuut, it wasn't like that at all. (yay) And I was happily surprised by how well Anna and Etienne (St.Clair) mesh together. And this is one of the few (maybe only) book that the fact that the guy is like 3 inches shorter than the girl didn't bother me. Much.
Hey old habits die hard.
I'm saying I'm in love with you! I've been in love with you this whole bleeding year!”
I really wished to slap St.Clair upside his head a few time. Okay. Rather a lot of times. That whole 'girlfriend' issue just sent me over the edge. Why oh why oh why so you choose to still be with someone you don't even like? 
The human brain is a puzzling....puzzle.
 
“His eyes lock on mine."Anna,I promise that I will never leave you."
My heart pounds in response. And Étienne knows it, because he takes my hand and holds it against his chest, to show me how hard his heart is pounding, too.”

......Toph-_-
......Bridge-_-
I like all of Anna's friends in Paris but I rather dislike the two listed above from back home. And Anna's brother is adorable!
Ermmm....
Oh! I like how Etienne and Anna had all the uber cute super secret ways of communicating. And the Canadian flag....hahaha
 “I trail my fingers across his cheek. He stays perfectly still for me. “Please stop apologizing, Étienne.”
“Say my name again,” he whispers.
I close my eyes and lean forward. “Étienne.”
He takes my hands into his.Those perfect hands, that fit mine just so. “Anna?”
Our foreheads touch. “Yes?”
“Will you please tell me you love me? I’m dying here.”
And then we’re laughing. And then I’m in his arms, and we’re kissing, at first quickly—to make up for lost time—and then slowly, because we have all
the time in the world. And his lips are soft and honey sweet, and the careful, passionate way he moves them against my own says that he savors the way I
taste, too.
And in between kisses, I tell him I love him.
Again and again and again.”
Read the book you robots. I mean it.   
Say Yes to the
Book
-Jackie

2 comments:

  1. I love this book so much!! I'm so glad you gave it 5 stars! :)

    theearththroughalens.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is on of my favorites!!
      Happy reading
      Jackie

      Delete