Monday, November 3, 2014

The Only Writing I've Ever Finished is Poetry


Hey, y'all! Well the school year for me has gotten off to a pretty good start. How's all of your lives been going?

Let's talk writing and finishing things and why I am in total awe of authors and their epic skills in the art of actually finishing what they started. I can't finish ANYTHING. It's pretty bad. I'm actually working on something right now and this is the farthest I've ever gotten. It's about twelve thousand words right now. *sighs* My goal is about sixty thousand words. Yeah. Not even close. What can I tell you? I get distracted. Really, really easily. Which is why I adore poetry so much.



I CAN FINISH THAT STUFF! So maybe I'll just become a poet. And an artist. I think this is a pretty awesome back up plan. Maybe I'll discover I like living in a box. Or maybe I'll become really well-known and all that jazz.

Anyways. I'm going to reccomend a few poets that you oh so very totally need to check out. They're on Instagram.

Christopher Poindexter (becasue you will never meet anyone more perfect)
Amanda T (Her writing is rather gorgeous)
Tyler Kent White (Don't even get me started)

*some I've newly discovered*


My Poetry Shelf on Goodreads


Are any of y'all authors or people who can actually finish writing a book? Could you please tell me the secret? There is a secret, right?


2 comments:

  1. I adore Christopher Poindexter. You MUST check out Tyler Knott Gregson on instagram as well. I love his poetry :) great post Jackie!

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Janhvi! I LOVE TKG! I must follow all the poets. Alllll the poets :D
      Jackie~

      Delete