Monday, March 17, 2014

Review: Forever, Jack by Natasha Boyde

Forever, Jack by Natasha Boyde
Eversea #2
Published November 25, 2013 by NPRB
Goodreads

Summary

A feisty small-town girl and the Hollywood star who broke her heart

An all-consuming love threatened by fame

One last chance at FOREVER


Keri Ann Butler's life changed on the night she met movie star, Jack Eversea. She thought she knew a Jack that was very different to the man adored by fans the world over. In the wake of his betrayal and abandonment, Keri Ann has had to pick up and move forward with the life she was supposed to live and has put off far too long. 

Suddenly Jack is back, and his explanations for why he left seem more and more plausible, and his declarations more seductive. But being Jack's latest tabloid accessory isn't on Keri Ann's career agenda, no matter how much she is attracted to him. And how can she can ever trust him again?

Jack knows he let the only 'real' thing that ever happened to him slip through his fingers. And his hands have been tied to try and stop it. Until Now.

Jack is now fighting to save his relationship with Keri Ann, even as his crazy life threatens to tear them apart. Again. The question is, can he convince her she can have it all? And have him? Forever?


“The way I feel about you was never a decision. It just was. I was made to love you. I never fell, I was already there. From the very first moment.”

I fell in love with the first book in this epic and totally believable series.  EVERSEA made sense in a way that a lot of book I had read lately hadn’t. It felt pure, unconditional and real. And the ending forced me to read FOREVER, JACK before I even thought about another book. And although I liked FOREVER, JACK less than EVERSEA it was still rather epic.

EVERSEA ended in heartbreak and homicidal thoughts (from me. not the characters. okay maybe her brother was a little homicidal.) The second installment in the series began with the same heartbreak but it also had a sense of moving on, sort of. Colt, let’s talk about him for a bit, shall we? He’s Keri Ann’s older brother’s best friend who has happened to like Keri Ann for practically ever. That’s a long time. When Jack leaves Keri Ann broken hearted, Colt does his best to pick up the pieces along with her brother and Jazz. He tries to be hers but she is still nursing her broken heart and bruised ego that Jack left behind. I really like him- he seems genuinely sweet and kind but he doesn’t have the same kind of fierce ‘I can’t breathe, let alone live without you’ energy that she and Jack had.

After Jack left, Keri Ann was broken, but like when her family died, she picked up the pieces and held onto her pride. She became a well-known local artist and is extremely talented. She let all her emotions get woven into her work and that’s what made it beautiful.

The Jack came back. With him he brought the old feelings along with the new. With the heartbreak and sense of betrayal he also dragged the old love that still resided within Keri Ann’s heart.

This book was every emotion of the last book plus the ones with this one. That left me a little overwhelmed but for the plot it worked. I found that I liked Keri Ann a lot less in this book than in the first one. She was too caged in this one. Keri Ann wasn’t at all courageous or girl power like she was in EVERSEA. In FOREVER, JACK she was scared. I mean I understand why but still.


Anyways, for a second book in this all too amazing series, it was rather enchanting. 

Have y'all started this series yet? What did y'all think? Make sure you add it to your TBR pile! Say hello in the comments and leave me a link to your blog so I can visit!



2 comments:

  1. I was intrigued by the cover of this book. I haven't heard of this series yet but it sounds like such an emotional book. I am adding it to my TBR now. Great review and thanks for sharing! :)

    -Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad I could sway someone over to the darkside (;
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete