Thursday, October 15, 2015

Review: The Oppertunist by Tarryn Fisher

Published November 14, 2011 // Goodreads 

Olivia Kaspen has just discovered that her ex-boyfriend, Caleb Drake, has lost his memory. With an already lousy reputation for taking advantage of situations, Olivia must decide how far she is willing to go to get Caleb back. Wrestling to keep her true identity and their sordid past under wraps, Olivia’s greatest obstacle is Caleb’s wicked, new girlfriend; Leah Smith. It is a race to the finish as these two vipers engage in a vicious tug of war to possess a man who no longer remembers them. But, soon enough Olivia must face the consequences of her lies, and in the process discover that sometimes love falls short of redemption.









“You can only give your heart away once, after that, everything else will chase your first love” 

I am going to be completely honest here. One, because this is my blog or my goodreads and these are my words. Two, because I really don’t understand. I don’t’ understand why everyone is saying that Olivia is bad. In all honestly. I really don’t. The other reviews say that she is un-redeemable. That she is destined for misery. That she is the sole cause for missing out on Caleb—but why is there not a review that says that Caleb missed out on her? Honestly (there the word is again) someone tell me why they love him? He has aspects that I admire, sure. I mean, yes- he didn’t force her into anything, he didn’t make her feel bad when she said no. And the good lord knows that wins mega points with me. But, why the hell is he so dang loveable to everyone? He’s mad because she can’t say I Love You. With her past? I’m surprised that she knows how to trust.


That boy frustrated me. I wanted to like him, mostly because everyone else saw him as this swoon-inducing hero that loved her for her. For just being Olivia. BUT HE DID SO MANY THINGS THAT FRUSTRATED ME. From the first meeting to the end of the book. Like, hello? In college, yeah- THAT. Uhm, how about hell no? That’s not the appropriate way to react? Amnesia, the party. . .the list goes on. Olivia did some bad thing, I UNDERSTAND. But what part of her is actually evil? The fact she can’t say the words? The drive to the clinic? The sex (or lack there of)? The lies? The lies that I don’t consider to be lies?

Maybe I just need someone to talk to because I need to discuss spoiler-y things that make me angry. I don’t see how she’s a bad person.

Okay, enough with those two. Let’s talk a little about my love for Cammie. I really like her. She deserves gold stars. Lots of them. I’ll give her a few sheets of those things if I ever happen to run into her.

The plot. It was good. It was up and down and one-sit-read worthy. Which totally happens. Even though I don’t’ understand obvious thing, I overall, REALLY LIKED the book. I mean, I love Tarryn Fisher. She’s my favorite. Have you read MUD VEIN? It’s sob worthy. And while THE OPPERTUNIST isn’t sob-inducing, it’s definitely something. Whether that’s good or bad or simply IS. Not sure. But I liked the book overall so.


*claps*





No comments:

Post a Comment