Welcome one and welcome all! How are you! Why yes, I do know this is my second post of the day. (wooh) Aren't you just the luckiest of ducks? Let's all say hi to Samantha Chase, the author and featured guest post-er today.
When she's not working on a new story, she spends her time reading contemporary romances, playing way too many games of Scrabble or Solitaire on Facebook and spending time with her husband of 25 years and their two sons in North Carolina.
Guest Post: Top Ten Most Feel-Inducing Romances of All Time by Samantha Chase
Hey, Everyone! I’m Samantha Chase and it is a pleasure to be here in the land of bookish rambles talking about my new contemporary romance, Made for Us, - book one in my new family series, The Shaughnessy Brothers. And I have to tell you, this family series is one that I know you are going to fall in love with as much as I have.
There are six siblings and at the point that you’re going to be meeting them seventeen years has gone by since they lost their mother, and we see how this affects who they currently are. Each book will not only introduce you to an individual Shaughnessy as they navigate through their life and eventually find love, you get to spend a lot of time getting to know the rest of the family, as well.
As you can well imagine, I am a fan of all-things romance. I am an avid reader of contemporary romances as well as writing them. If I have a choice in movies, I prefer one with a romantic element. To we’re talking about some of the most feel-inducing (LOVE that phrase!) of all time. Here are my picks for the top ten:
10. An Officer and a Gentleman (movie). Oh, my goodness. When Richard Gere strides in there in his uniform and sweeps Debra Winger off her feet?? Totally swoon worthy.
9. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge aka William and Kate. I just look at them and their two crazy-adorable children and just think that they are the most precious couple ever.
8. Up (movie). Carl and Ellie’s love story in those first ten minutes of the movie??? Probably the most feel-inducing in a short amount of time and told without any real words. So beautiful!
7. Only Yours by Susan Mallery (book). Oh my goodness, a slightly insecure heroine, a dark and wounded hero? Sigh. It’s a perfect combination and the Fool’s Gold story is possibly one of the best in the entire series. Dr. Simon Bradley is probably one of my favorite heroes ever!
6. When Harry Met Sally (movie). Yes, it’s a comedy but a romantic one and it definitely makes you feel. We’ve all been there – at one time or another – and it’s just a wonderful reminder that the road to romance isn’t always smooth. But it can be funny.
5. Jim and Pam on The Office (TV). I don’t let my older son know I watched this show because he is obsessed with it and I’d never hear the end of it, but I LOVE Jim and Pam. Every secret look just made me love them more!
4. The Return of Rafe MacKade by Nora Roberts (book). This is my second go-to book when I want a romance that just makes me…feel. Everything! The angst, the bantering, the love, the hate…it’s got it all and I love every page of it!
3. 22 Indigo Place by Sandra Brown (book). This is my number one go-to book when I want a romance that just makes me feel – again – everything. This was probably the book that really hooked me on romances outside of the Harlequin’s that I grew up with.
2. Beauty and the Beast (Disney movie). Hands down, my favorite Disney movie ever and the greatest love story they over told/animated.
1. Say Anything (movie). To this day I tell my husband that he is my Lloyd Dobler. Everything about that movie just makes me sigh.
Title: Made For Us
Author: Samantha Chase
Release Date: August 4, 2015
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: The Shaughnessy Brothers, Book 1
Can't make time for love?
The Shaughnessy brothers have spent the years since their mother's untimely death taking care of each other and trying to make their father proud. Oldest son Aidan is hard-working, handsome, successful-and still single. Sure, he'd like to have his own family someday, but who has the time?
She'll show him how to find it
Zoe Dalton, a stunning designer Aidan meets on one of his construction jobs, has the beauty and heart to make Aidan realize how much he could be missing. But it's not easy to break down walls you've spent years building up. Now there's a major storm bearing down on the North Carolina coast, and it could be catalyst enough to force Aidan and Zoe into some major decisions of the heart.