Wednesday, June 20, 2018

DESSERT SHOPS AND MUSIC&BOOKS IN HOUSTON


I have zero intention of writing an actual introduction for this post...so...just enjoy the words to come! 

Open Until 10PM
The go-to cakes: Strawberries and Cream, Old Fashioned Diner Cake, Confetti
The Drinks: English Breakfast tea, Americano (y’all are going to need something to cut the sweet…badly)

Someone, anyone, go on after-dinner or one in the morning cake and ice cream runs with me…probably more like after dinner because I only know of like three places that are open until one bUT YOU GET WHAT I MEAN. I just want to drink tea and eat tasty food forever. Is that so much to ask?? I mean, really. SHOW ME THE LOOOOOVE. 

Dessert Galley is the first place I went to in Houston that was just desserts. I’ve been to plenty since then, but this is like a fond memories kind of place. Like wow cute I just want to gobble up everything in the display case like nobody’s business. Seriously. And don’t doubt me. I could do it. Really, I could. 

Especially since BOYS STILL GOT ME TWISTED AND CONFUSED. But it’s fine. It’s not like I run on open communication at all times or anything. *eats cake in a frustrated manner* 
Whatever, have your cake and eat it too I guess. However that applied in this situation…


Open allllll daaaaay yes to pies at one in the morning 
The go-to pies: Strawberry (can you tell I like strawberries??), Apple 
The go-to drinks: pot of coffee, waaaaater because take care of yourself my love

accurate representation of me with strawberries 24/7

I’ve only been here once. THAT BEING said, I want to go back with all my heart. Mainly because I can get a full on dinner at three in the morning. Granted, I’d actually have to be awake to do such a thing..and I usually go to bed at eleven..however, that is not the point. The point is that I CAN do that. And that, my dear, is a super snazzy thing. Like, wow, yes please. 

This place doesn’t have quite the memories that the other one does. The vibes are totally different. The former is this chic little..well..gallery. The other reminds me of Dot’s (one of my favorite traditions here in Houston) with it’s hella old but endearing diner vibe. Would recommend both places; I have yet to try Dot’s pies. They do look super yummy though. 

You know, maybe I should go get myself a slice of that lemon pie I’ve been wanting to try. For the sake of the post. Honestly. I swear. 


Open until 11PM
The go-to gelato: dark chocolate espresso, grapefruit 

Jesus Christ on a cracker this gelato is the bee’s knees. Freeeeaking omg. I don’t even have words. Soooo dairy messes with me (face breaks out, blahblahblah) and this place had dairy free! I honestly felt so understood in this moment. 

Not only were there dairy free flavors, but there were more than thee and they were all amazing. I literally tried every flavor that there was and LOVED THEM ALL. 

I ended up with blood orange and grapefruit and wow. Me and Harlie found this place happen chance and it was probably the best day every. (it followed up Velvet Taco, which, also YUM) It wasn’t even expensive! And it had a cute sign! Perfect for insta pics! 

They’re attached to a pizza parlor and I don’t even really like or want pizza ever but I feel this strange need to try it since the gelato was better than anything I had ever hoped for ever.


Open Until  11PM
The go-to gelato: pineapple, whiskey butter (at least I think it was whiskey? Maybe? Could have been bourbon?) 


Also gelato. Also amazing. Would 10/10 recommend the pineapple flavor. Get the strawberries and champagne when you can. It’s life-altering. I say when you can because they only make it sometimes. When that sometimes is I have yet to figure out, but that time does exist. I know, I know: I too wish my favorite foods were available all the time. 

Thinking like that, however, got us where we are with these clementines that aren’t actually clementines and ‘bananas’ and strawberries that can be bought in the winter but taste nowhere near as good as strawberries bought in the summer. 

MY POINT. Is that the best stuff is the kind that you wait on, the stuff that takes times, and the stuff you have to appreciate because you don’t know when you’ll get it again. 

Wow, that got deep. And here you thought I was only talking about gelato. 




No comments:

Post a Comment