Monday, June 11, 2018

SEATTLE'S RAIN & B-DAY HAIRCUTS


Good morning, love of my life. I hope the summer is treating you well and that you're accomplishing all the things you set out to do. I also wish amazing sleep upon you all, that's something I am in desperate need of currently.


This goal of being up by 7AM every day...woooh y'all. I'm lucky(?) that it get's light at 5AM here in Seattle.

June has been a little crazy if you ask me: I have two internships and a class to fill up my summer, people are finally starting to recognize the importance of speaking up about mental health, I'm still reeling from SZA having permanent damage to her voice, I chopped all my hair off on my birthday, I'm taking to a guy and I have no idea what's going on ever, I'm really starting to think about what I want to do after I finish my undergraduate, and I'm 20.


Like, it is not normal...I've been a teen for forever at this point. And suddenly I'm not and SZA spoke to my soul since I was 18..or was I 19? Either way we have this music and these books and this art that shapes who we are. I think it's important to understand the weight that we impose on other people. And I think that there are artists who understand the responsibility that they have and I think there are artists that don't.

I hope she has a smooth recovery and that the damage is minimal. And now I feel even more blessed to have gotten to see her perform in person.

Anyways, I got a little bit rambley there- sorry about that.






















Let's talk rain: it's pouring right now. Okay, not pouring. It never pours here; there is no lightning, no thunder, no howling winds. That's all home. Right now, it's like a smooth descent from the heavy clouds in the kind of way that makes a nap, a hot cup of tea, and terribly chill music all the more appealing.

I've got you on the music front. That'l be a little closer to the bottom of the post. As I write this, it's still in the works. So hang tight with me, beautiful.

I've also got you on the aesthetic front.





















(the aesthetic is eating butter cookies and warm colors and forests)

As you may be aware of, I have this overwhelming affection for growth: both person and that of the outdoors. On the person front, I've been working on falling back in love with myself and finding ambition other than helping others be their best self. I need to be my best self too, you know? Gotta get back to being selfish a bit and stop being so worried about if other are okay, and what I can do to help them heal.

Not that I don't want to help, that's also a giant part of who I am. And I love people to pieces, but I just need to stop doing it at the expense of my own self.

On the outdoor front, I want to explore more. Now that I'm in Seattle, I have this entire world of mountains and trees and beaches at my fingertips- and the weather is perfect all the time. It would be a shame if I just let it go to waste. Therefore, I need to find me some friends to get coffee and hike with me until we lose ourself and the notion of found.

Life is a healing process, and I think that's better done with cookies and coffee and people. Or maybe that's just the Gemini in me.





3 comments:

  1. Jackie,

    You are authentic, real, and altruistic. Enjoyed this read and SZA os phenomenal. Keep Shining doll.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, darling! I'm glad you loved the read <3

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post. hairstyles for women

    ReplyDelete