Thursday, June 28, 2018

BEAUTY BUZZ


Y'all I love makeup. I'm lucky to have friends and family who get the not-so-subtle hints of the wants and need and everything in between.

(btw, listening to So Cold by Tank and wow I forgot how much I l o v e this song amazing)


The latest addictions that have been fulfilled were two Mattemosille lipsticks: Midnight Wasabi and Clapback. Before that it was the tarteist PRO Amazonian clay palette. Wow so beautiful. Thank you to my mother and Cait and Har. Love y'all. Because I don't want to pay for any of this.

Let's just demonstrate the wonder of these products:

clapback and the palette at work wow the drama

midnight wasabi as a casual gif so cool so casual someone make me a lipstick model 

As you can see, makeup is my one true love. I'm trying to find foundation and concealer...I've...uh...never used it before. So I'm like an awkward gazelle trampling through online publications and reviews and yeah I don't even know where to start. Any suggestions would be helpful. Please help.

HOWEVER. As much as I love beauty enhancers, we're actually going to be talking about skincare today. 

My skin is just like a delightfully temperamental mess when it comes to breakouts, sunburns, reactions to foods and life in general. My actual skin care regime is about four steps in the morning and four steps at night. When I eat the food I'm supposed to eat (aka, not cheese or ice cream) then this minimizes breakouts and keeps my skin hydrated. 

After much protest in my youth, I've found that exfoliation is probably the most important step of skin care. This is probably because I use hella hash chemicals to dry out acne nightly. 

Below, I'm going to go over some of my favorite products and theeeeen talk about some stuff I've seen on Instagram that I want to try Very Badly. Let me know some stuff you love to pieces on Twitter or in the comments! 

FOR REFERENCE: my skin type is combination, I'm oily between my brows and on my nose. My problem areas are between my brows and on my nose and on my chin. I get blackheads on my forehead and cheeks. Wonderful! Now that that is over, let's get down to business.


OKAY FOLKS. I hope you're ready. This isn't going to be a long post, but it's going to go over a bit.

That Drying Lotion I Was Talking About: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion: $17

Why I love it: It lasts forever and I can use it daily. It smells nasty, but works literally overnight. I get breakouts when I'm stressed/hormonal/stressed and hormonal so this is just a freaking lifesaver. I can put it on at night and go to bed and wake up with visibly clearer skin. I usually put it ONLY on major breakouts becuase y'aaaaalll they ain't kidding around with the name.

I would be wary of this maybe if you have skin that's on the more dry side simply becuase it's crazy...well...drying. Also don't put this on raw breakouts. Like, if you've been messing with it all day wait for it to heal and then apply it. Otherwise it'll sting like you're applying acid on your face. Not comfortable. Trust me.

St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Scrub: $3-4

Y'all just read me oooh and aaah over the wonders of scrubs, this one is a favorite. It's also blackhead clearing which is a freaking GEM. I truly can't believe the beauty that is this invention. The green tea component is also a nice wake-me-up. I use it in the morning, before sunscreen and moisturizer.

Not even going to lie, it's also the color of the inside of a lime (which is my favorite shade of green) and this makes me love it approximately ten times more than I would have otherwise.

Noxzema Daily Deep Pore Cleanser: $3-4

The second (sometimes first!) step in my skin care routine before I go to bed. This is after I take off all my makeup. It's not harsh..it's honestly like the only thing I use that isn't like AH! ATTACK THE ACNE! BE GONE BEAST! So it's like a nice little breather before we get back to the war-stance.

It's kind of rich and creamy feeling. Would recommend because a cleanser is super necessary! This can also double as a body wash if you have breakouts on your back/shoulders/ect. Or if you forget your body wash on every trip ever but will NEVER. EVER. Forget the face routine. Like yours truly.

Aura Cacia Grapeseed Oil: $3 for a 4oz bottle

So I go through this stuff like crazy, but if you just want to try it out get the small little tiny baby bottle. Grapeseed oil is amazing at balancing combination-oily skin. I love this because even though I look crazy after applying it (hence, I use at night) the oily really doesn't feel heavy.

I don't use traditional moisturizer for my face because I have found I breakout from whatever is in it frangrance-wise. This is nice because it's natural and doesn't smell like anything other than what it is. It also doesn't make the oily parts of my face nasty oily. Boooonus!

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM: $12-15

So I am the kind of white where thinking about the sun too hard makes me turn pink, actually walking into the sun turns me red. And not the cute, youthful shade. No. It's more like the shade I turn every time I embarrass myself- minus the splotches.

I'm head over heels in love with these facial moisturizer because it's not oily, it's offers really nice coverage, and it has suNSCREEN. Not only am I staying hydrated but I'm getting to also protect myself from the sun's super harsh rays.

Wow that made me feel like a commercial. But seriously! Try it!



SO THIS POST IS ACTUALLY GETTING REALLY LONG...SO LIKE...SOME BACK FOR THE STUFF I WANT TO TRY.

There's about 4-6 things I want to show y'all that look cool, but this is getting excessive. Sooooo come back next time! I'll be here! With another small furry animal figure graphic thing. Awesome! Yay! Thanks so much! WOOOOOH!



No comments:

Post a Comment